VMware Cloud Automation: Design and Deploy V7.1 (VCADDv7.1)
This five-day course focuses on designing and deploying an enterprise cloud by using a distributed architecture deployment of VMware vRealize® Automation™. The lecture and labs concentrate on designing an enterprise cloud architecture and the effective implementation of a vRealize Automation distributed deployment according to VMware recommended best practices.
- Course Objectives
- Target Audience
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]
- VMware vCloud Director: Essentials/Fundamentals [V5.1]
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking
After completing this course, you should understand the features and operation of vCloud Director and be able to do the following:
- Deploy vCloud Director.
- Manage vCloud Director to satisfy small private cloud business needs.
- Configure VMware vSphere® storage to enable multiple tiers in provider virtual datacenters.
- Create and manage vCloud Director organizations and VMware vSphere® vApps™ (“vApps”) to satisfy business needs.
- Create and manage vCloud Director catalogs.
- Configure networking for organizations and vApps.
- Interface vCloud Director to Microsoft Active Directory servers.
- Understand the interactions between VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ clusters and vCloud Director.
Consultants, systems engineers, datacenter administrators, and cloud administrators
1 Course Introduction
2 VMware vCloud Director Architecture and Components
- Review course goals
- Review course objectives
- Review the course outline
- Recognize vCloud Director Essentials/Fundamentals course elements
3 VMware vCloud Networking
- Describe how VMware products use the cloud computing approach
- Review vCloud Director components and explain their functions
- Examine integration with other VMware products such as VMware® vCenter™ Chargeback™ and VMware® vCenter™ Operations Manager™
- Determine the licensing needs
4 VMware vCloud Providers
- Describe the network types available in vCloud Director
- Discuss the organization and VMware vSphere® vApp™network traffic choices
- Describe the function of network pools
- Explain how to share content between organizations and vApps
5 VMware vCloud Director Organizations
- Identify storage resources for vCloud Director
- Configure and manage storage for providers
- Examine provider space allocation to an organization
- Recognize VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® issues
- Manage storage requirements for linked clones and shadow virtual machines
6 Basic Security
- Create and manage organizations
- Recognize resource allocations for an organization
- Create and manage catalogs
7 Managing Cloud Resources
- Describe role-based access
- Create custom security roles
- Describe and configure LDAP integration with Microsoft Active Directory
- Describe single sign-on
8 Managing VMware vSphere Resources
- Understand and identify how vSphere fulfills vCloud Director requests
- Manage provider and organization virtual datacenters
9 Monitoring VMware vCloud Components
- Manage VMware® vCenter Server™ instances
- Manage VMware® ESXi™ hosts
- Manage vSphere datastores
- Manage stranded items
- Configure and manage resource pools at the vSphere level
10 Organization Users
- Monitor usage information at provider and organization virtual datacenters
- Analyze vCloud Director logs to monitor vCloud Director cells
11 VMware vCloud Director Installation
- Describe the catalog tasks available to organization users of various roles
- Describe the vApp tasks available to organization users of various roles
- Describe the required prerequisites for a vCloud Director installation
- Install vCloud Director