Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Containerizing Applications
In this course, you will learn how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications on an OpenShift cluster. Whether writing container-native applications or migrating existing applications, this course provides hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform.
- Deploy applications from container images, Dockerfiles, and source code to an OpenShift cluster.
- Manage applications using the OpenShift web console and the OpenShift CLI.
- Inject configuration data and secrets into an application.
- Publish application container images to an external registry.
- Manage application builds and build hooks.
- Create application from templates.
- Manage application deployments.
- Monitor application health using probes.
- Migrate applications to containers and microservices.
Outline for this course
- Deploy and manage applications on an OpenShift cluster
- Deploy an application to an OpenShift Cluster.
- Design containerized applications for OpenShift
- Build container images with advanced Dockerfile directives.
- Publish enterprise container images
- Create an enterprise registry and allow access to the OpenShift registry.
- Build applications
- Describe the OpenShift build process and implement post-commit build hooks.
- Customize Source-to-Image builds
- Customize an existing S2I base image.
- Create applications from OpenShift templates
- Describe the elements of an OpenShift template and create a multi-container template.
- Manage application deployments
- Monitor application health and select the appropriate deployment strategy.
- Migrate applications to OpenShift
- Integrate external services and migrate applications deployed on Red Hat JBoss Middleware.