Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x: Manage and Administer
The Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x: Manage and Administer course is designed for the network, IT security, and systems administration professional tasked with implementing and monitoring virus and spyware protection, zero-day protection, and network threat protection solutions. This class covers how to create and implement the client firewall, intrusion prevention, application and device control, host integrity and behavioral protection policies that guard the enterprise from viruses and hackers. In addition, students learn how use virtualization features for virtual clients.
- Skills Gained
- Who Can Benefit
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Manage Virus and Spyware Protection policies.
- Manage SONAR scans.
- Manage Firewall and Intrusion Prevention policies.
- Manage Application and Device Control policies.
- Manage System Lockdown
- Manage Host Integrity
- Manage Virtualized clients.
This course is for network managers, resellers, systems administrators, client security administrators, systems professionals, and consultants who are charged with the configuration and day-to-day management of Symantec Endpoint Protection in a variety of network environments.
You must have working knowledge of advanced computer terminology, including TCP/IP networking terms and Internet terms, and an administrator-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to use those skills in a working environment
- Course overview
- The classroom lab environment
Introducing Antivirus, Insight, and SONAR
- Virus and spyware protection needs and solutions
- Reputation and Insight
- Administrator-defined scans
- Download Insight
- Included Virus and Spyware Protection policies
Managing Virus and Spyware Protection Policies for Windows
- Configuring administrator-defined scans
- Configuring protection technology settings and scans
- Configuring e-mail scans
- Configuring advanced options
- Managing scanned clients
Managing Virus and Spyware Protection Policies for Mac and Linux
- Configuring Virus and Spyware settings for Mac
- Configuring Virus and Spyware settings for Linux
- Configuring advanced options
Managing Exception Policies
- Exceptions and exclusions
- Configuring the Exceptions policy
- Introducing Network Threat Protection
- The OSI model and network threats
- Network threat tools and attack methods
- Attack and mitigation
Managing Firewall Policies
- Firewall policy overview
- Defining rule components
- Modifying firewall rules
- Configuring built-in rules
- Configuring protection and stealth settings
- Configuring Windows integration settings
Managing Intrusion Prevention Policies
- Configuring network and browser intrusion prevention
- Managing custom signatures
- Application and Device Control
- System Lockdown
- Host Integrity
- Introducing virtualization features
- Virtual image exception
- Network and vShield Shared Insight Cache
- Virtual client tagging
- Offline image scanner
- Windows Azure support