Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat® OpenShift (DO180) introduces building and managing Docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 7.
Audience for this course
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
Prerequisites for this course
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Have Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Course introduction
- Introduce and review the course.
- Get started with container technology
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Create containerized services
- Provision a server using container technology.
- Manage containers
- Manipulate pre-build container images to create and manage containerized services.
- Manage container images
- Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
- Create custom container images
- Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image.
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
- Deploy single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Deploy multi-container applications
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
- Troubleshoot containerized applications
- Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Comprehensive review of Introduction to Container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Docker, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.