Attendees should have good experience working as an IT Professional managing Windows 2008/2012 platforms, Active Directory, SQL Server Administration. Any SharePoint knowledge will be advantageous.
Module 1 : Getting Started with SharePoint 2013
This module introduces the fundamental architecture of SharePoint 2013. It also highlights the various new enhancements that are part of the new SharePoint 2013. We will also understand the difference between SharePoint Foundation, Share point Standard/Enterprise editions.
- SharePoint Foundation Architecture
- SharePoint 15 Product
- SharePoint Wheel
- What's new in SharePoint 2013
Module 2 : Installing SharePoint 2013
In this module we will understand the various SharePoint 2013 capabilities and architecture. We will also cover in depth the different deployment models like On-Premise, Office 365). We will do an overview of the possibilities of development and extension.
- Hardware Requirements
- Installing SharePoint Prerequisites
- Creating Service Accounts
- Installing SharePoint Server 2013
- Understanding Farm Types, Configuring Farm
- Configuration Wizard
Module 3 : Topology and Farm Configuration
In this module, the participant will be introduced to Farm Topologies, types of Farms, Configuring SharePoint Farm. We will see in detail on how to configure through Central Admin & through Power Shell.
- Understanding Farm Topologies
- Configuring Managed Accounts
- Managing Timer Jobs
- Configuration of Service Applications using Central Admin
- Configuration of Services Applications using Power Shell
Module 4 : Configuring Security and User Authentication
This module will help students understand the different concepts of SharePoint 2013 Security mechanism. This will provide insights into Claims authentication vs. Classic authentication.
- Types of Security
- Configuring Windows Authentication
- Configuring Forms Authentication
- Integration with Windows Live/Google Accounts
- Configuring Windows Azure Access Control Services
Module 5 : Creating and Configuring Web Applications
During this module, the student will learn on configuring Web Applications in a SharePoint platform. We will also look at managing content databases, configuring list throttling.
- Creating New Web Applications
- Configuring Web Applications
- Content Database
- Understanding Site Collection Templates
- Creating Site Collections
- Configuring Self-service Site Collections
Module 6 : Managing Site Collections and Tenancies
This module will illustrate on different SharePoint Templates such as Team Sites, Collaboration & Publishing Site Templates. We will also look at how to manage large site collections, configuring tenancies, site subscriptions and configuring SharePoint tenancies.
- Site Templates
- Site Collection Permissions & User Groups
- Site Collection Quota
- Understanding Tenancies
- Configuring Subscriptions
Module 7 : Configuring Search in SharePoint 2013
In this module, we will see how to configure SharePoint 2013 Enterprise Search, configuring Content Sources & using Search Queries.
- SharePoint 2013 Search Architecture
- Creating and Configuring Content Sources
- Understanding Content Processing Pipeline
- Overview of Result Sources, Types and Query Rules
- Configuring Managed Properties and Management
Module 8 : Planning for Backup, Restore and Disaster Recovery
In this module, we will look in detail on planning for backup, restore and disaster recovery. We will also learn on configuring Recycled Bin, managing Content DB etc.
- Versioning and Restoring Documents
- Configuring Recycled Bin
- Backup and restore Site Collection using Central Admin
- Backup and restore Site Collection using PowerShell
- Disaster Recovery
Module 9 : SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013 Migration
In this module, we will look at best ways of migrating SharePoint 2010 applications to SharePoint 2013. We will also look at different concepts and mechanisms involved in Visual Upgrade
- Upgrade Overview
- Migrating Content DB