BMC Atrium CMDB 8.0.00: Administering - Part 1 (WBT)
This course provides BMC Atrium CMDB 8.0.00 configuration managers,
administrator, and developers with an introduction to CMDB administration. BMC Atrium
concepts, console features, and basic techniques are taught using product simulations.
The self‐paced module quizzes allow you to test your skills as the course progresses.
This course is a prerequisite to all other BMC Atrium CMDB 8.0.00 courses.
- Course Objectives
- Key Roles
- Describe the evolution of CMDB
- Recognize Configuration Management
- Describe the purpose of a CMDB
- Identify Federation and its concepts
- Identify the Common Data Model and its classes
- Identify the concept of Namespace and Extension
- Identify the purpose of reconciling CMDB data
- Identify the Reconciliation Process
- Identify the uses of Product Catalog
- Identify the Normalization Process
- Identify the BMC Atrium Core Console
- Navigate the Class Manager
- Identify the necessity of planning a CMDB
- BMC Remedy AR System 8.0.00: Foundation – Part 1 (ODL)
- Use BMC Remedy Asset Management to perform their own job.
- Understand how to use the application as it was designed, in such a manner that data entered and retrieved is accurate and applicable
- Oversee the usage and implementation of BMC Remedy applications, as well as those that use the solution
- May be a functional manager, line-of-business manager, or supervisor
- Configure and maintain BMC Remedy Asset Management data
- Understand each role available within the application
- Deploy the application to the Mid-Tier, if applicable
- Maintain, deploy, and troubleshoot BMC Remedy Asset Management
- Modify existing workflow or building additional workflow after extensive analysis
1. WHY A CMDB?
2. BMC ATRIUM CMDB ENVIRONMENTS
3. COMMON DATA MODEL (CDM)
4. RECONCILING DATA IN THE CMDB
5. BMC ATRIUM CORE CONSOLE
6. PLANNING A CMDB